The Budapest Institute for Contemporary Christianity (BICC)
The establishment of The Budapest Institute for Contemporary Christianity in 2016 will
provide a permanent place and entity to carry out our above-described ministry
in the future. Here is a brief description of the concept of this new
Institute. The slogan: “…to equip the
saints” emphasizes our mission. The
Budapest Institute for Contemporary Christianity is established following the
example of The London Institute for Contemporary Christianity, while taking
into consideration circumstances unique to the Hungarian nation. We have similar goals and identical
theological principles. We support and
advocate the whole life discipleship model and want to be a catalyst in its
establishment among Hungarians.
Most important goals of The Budapest Institute for Contemporary Christianity:
- Give inspiration to the churches and help them to fulfill their mission
out to Hungarian society in order to connect them with churches
- Educate and equip for whole life
and stand for the evangelical
theology on the highest level in Hungary (cultural apologetic courses and
- Supply the resources and reference books
for the ministry (dissemination)
- Work toward unity among evangelical
people and organizations
This center is characterized as:
- Budapest - symbolizing the center of
life in Hungary. We follow the example
of other Christian ministries and models, while applying them to current
Hungarian circumstances and encouraging and emphasizing original, homegrown ideas.
- Contemporary - which means that our target area is the present
Hungarian society as we seek to provide fitting answers to the real problems of
- Christian - which refers to our roots,
declaring clearly the spiritual standard of values to which we hold and by
which we are measured.
- Institute - meaning, this is not a temporary association or committee, but an organization meant to stand the test of time.